Sunday, December 11, 2011

Faith

Today I write this blog full of thanksgiving and awe. Recently, God has been teaching me about doing the right thing for myself regardless of my fears. Especially in the area of health, I have allowed finances to rule my decisions. I have allowed myself to believe "I can't afford to be healthy, so oh well." No! This attitude has served me horribly. If you have read my previous blogs, you know that I experienced a major health upset over the last year. I was diagnosed with six tumors in my breast. Again, my financial fears had kicked in. "I can't get treatment, because I don't have the money." Well with the help of some very wise women in my life, I was able to identify how twisted my thinking had become. After talking it over, I was able to make the decision to go ahead with the ultrasound, mammogram, biopsy, and dieting that was required to treat my specific health issues. This was so scary for me because I had no idea where the money was going to come from, but I knew my duty was to walk my path in faith that my God would take care of me.

So I had the treatments and applied for every grant I could. I was told the ultrasound and biopsy were covered through the Susan G Komen foundation, however I was TOO YOUNG for the grant for the biopsy! Too young to get treatment??? This made me furious for awhile, because I thought it was ridiculous that it made one bit of difference that I was not 30 years old. After I allowed my anger to settle down, I decided to go through with the biopsy and let God take care of it. Well, I was slammed with a $2,500 bill. Ouch. Again, the fears in my head reared their voices. "You made the wrong choice! See you should have remembered that the only one looking out for you is YOU." I was temped to feel very let down and burdened by the debt. It was upsetting, but I chose to give this "let go and let God" thing a chance.

Yesterday, I went to grab the mail after work as usual. I had gotten an envelop from St Lukes and was dreading opening it, because I really couldn't stomach looking at another bill. As I opened the seal, I could not believe my eyes... "Balance: $0.00. You qualified for financial assistance IN FULL. If you have any questions..." WOW! It really does work friends! Faith does pay off. God wants you to make the right choices for you, every time, no matter what. He will take care of the rest. He may not always answer me in the way He did this time, but I know that whatever His answer is, it is simply part of my destined path. I can rest assured that if I am true to me and true to what I KNOW is right for me, it will pay off every single time.

What is it that you struggled with to have faith? Is there a way you have chosen not to be true to yourself because you have doubts and fears about the outcome? Believe me, your God is waiting for you to trust Him and show you how loved you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment