Thursday, December 15, 2011

Money, money, money

I used to say I hated money. I used to believe in following your dreams instead of chasing money. I used to have faith that enough money would always follow those that listened to their calling. I used to hate what money stood for. Well, I still hate money.

Although I resent money more than I ever did, I feel that lately I have fallen into chasing money more than I ever have. Why? Because I have been living terrified of the idea of not having enough. I have fallen away from living in faith that NO MATTER WHAT, I will choose to live my calling and believe that my needs will be met/exceeded. I have been so scared of losing what I have, that I am unwilling to risk stepping out for MORE! I have been chasing money. The strange thing is, the more intensely I have pursued money, the more I loathe it.

These ideas have hit me like a brick in the last few weeks. Pursuing security and just enough money to get by has made me miserable and hasn't even really paid of financially. So today I am trying on a new perspective. I am simply going to work my way back to living my calling and I am going to have faith that my needs will be met in the process. It will be a struggle, but it already is one anyway. At least this way, I will not only be happy but I will also be doing exactly what I was made to do.

What about you? Have you been living to survive? Do you chase money in hopes of keeping what you have instead of dreaming something bigger? Do you work a job that does not fulfill you simply because you are scared that doing what you are called to do won't pay the bills? How is that working for you? Are you happy? What could you change a little at a time? What is the next indicated step? You would be amazed at the joy and life that is just waiting to burst out of you as you take a risk and follow your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment