Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trust Your Intuition

Intuition. It is such a questionable word in this scientific age. Many of us have been trained to put our scientific knowledge about what we are feeling and what our bodies are telling us. Consequently, we have quieted our intuition - some so successfully that it is silent completely. What is the use of intuition anyway? What do we need it for in such a smart, intellectual age?

Intuition is a lost art. Many times we can learn from our own feelings more meaning than we can from our external world. It is God's way of speaking to us and urging us to follow our path. We were created with a powerful tool that we can choose to tap into at any moment. Often our intuition will whisper to us when we are getting into a troublesome friendship, or when someone is lying to us, or when our choices do not line up with our values. On the contrary, our intuition can lead us to new opportunities, point us to a healthy relationship, or affirm our direction. It is, perhaps, the single most important little voice we will ever listen to.

The trouble with intuition these days is the overwhelming noise we receive from all the opinions around us. Our loved ones, bosses, friends, media, politics - they all have their say about what we should be doing and believing. Their opinions are so dangerously loud that they easily can drown out what our spirit is trying to tell us. I used to have such a hard time listening to my own little voice. Everyone else's beliefs seemed so much bigger than mine. I would have a suspicion about someone's behavior or a belief about a certain topic that felt so true to myself - only to be told by someone else that it wasn't true and I was wrong. For awhile, I believed them. For awhile, they trumped me - even when my intuitions would turn out true almost every time. But they were louder - so they were right.

Today, my intuition gets the stage. I have learned to trust it - trust myself. Sure, plenty of people disagree and they are entitled to their opinions. There is no need to argue, but when it comes to action or belief, I will go with my gut every time. Life is too short and fragile to get whipped around by everyone else. Trust your what your spirit is trying to tell you. No one else is living your life or creating your values and beliefs. The beautiful thing is when you start listening to your natural born intuition it will get louder and easier to follow. So thank God for the tools he created you with and don't be afraid to use them!

Tell me about your journey your intuition has directed you to follow. Have you been listening? Or have you been pulled by all the voices around you? What's the game plan now??

Tell me here or at defytheaverage@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment