Saturday, November 26, 2011

Create Your Positive

So I've been trying this new thing. Positivity. No matter what. I truly believe that it's all about perspective. That means if I'm bummed or upset about something, I am just choosing to see it in a negative light. I have the power to choose to simply focus on the positive, or better yet CREATE THE POSITIVE. So little by little, I am trying to put that thought into practice. What's funny is I have taught about positivity, talked about it, preached it, etc etc... but I don't think I ever really believed it or integrated it: BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT. So I've turned that page.

It hasn't been easy so far; sometimes I will still catch myself whining about a situation I'm in, or about a person I wish would act differently. The difference now is that I realize being negative is my choice and that it will not solve anything or make me any happier about the situation. Now, if I feel down, I can choose to see the pros, I can call a positive friend, or I can read uplifting literature. And my day automatically is propelled forward. That situation now created a positive flow in my life because I allowed it to do so. I have found it is totally worth the effort to be positive. I am overall much happier, and far more productive. Believe it or not, I feel like I have a ton more energy to reach out to more people around me and I enjoy them. Before, I felt utterly exhausted by people and all I wished for was to get away. Amazing isn't it? Our thoughts are POWERFUL! What type of thoughts do you find yourself dwelling on? Are caught up in negativity, or do you choose to see the positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment