Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Step Towards My Dream Today

As I have been pondering my dreams and how to begin my journey towards them, it has brought up alot of feelings of inadequacy, fear, and indecision. I have recognized, however, that despite these feelings I am happier knowing that I am facing them rather than sweeping them under the rug like usual. I cannot make any progress until I face my painful feelings and deal with them. I think that one reason I avoided seeking my dreams in the past was simply feeling overwhelmed. I want so much. My dreams are big. They are overwhelming when I think of doing it all at once. But I don't have to do it all today, or even this year! So where do I start? I feel like one big fool for thinking I am capable of such things. Wow! Do you see how I just held myself back? I will never achieve my dreams if I continue to think like this...

So yesterday, I decided to take a step even if it feels shaky. Even if it felt like Jill Page is not strong enough, big enough, smart enough, enough WHATEVER, I'm going to believe that I am big enough for this first step and I have faith that the rest will follow after that, just one day at a time. So today: I have begun the process to enroll in myself into a gratuate program that I have wanted to do for a long time. I also signed up to start a business I have pondered starting for a long time, but just had many self doubts holding me back. These steps felt good. And they were not too much for today. Tomorrow I will take another step to achieve these goals. What step are you taking towards your goals today?

No comments:

Post a Comment