Friday, November 18, 2011

Own This Moment

Thinking about everything involved with attempting to living in the moment, I really see how I have shorthanded myself with all of my worry and fear. When I worry, doubt, criticize, and allow my thoughts to become destructive, I not only lose the time and effort that it took to think all those things, but I also have placed myself on a path that makes my life unmanagable and unproductive. I become frozen in fear and overwhelmed hopelessness. How sad. I know that I have the potential to be so much, but when I allow my own thoughts to get in the way, they can rob me of everything I have to offer myself. I must choose to redirect my thoughts when they become negative and based in the past or future, otherwise I am in serious danger of losing my serenity and success. When I take my situation exactly for what it holds in THIS MOMENT, it generally is something I am capable of handling successfully and positively. So why do I catastrophize and project the worst outcome on my future?

Today I will choose to see each situation as it is right now. There is no reason to assign a negative outcome so I will refuse to do so. I do not need to get overwhelmed by all the doom and gloom "what if's" that may or may not happen, because all of that is not even reality. I will own only this present, and will not own the future until it chooses to find me. I will choose today to base my thoughts on what is real right now, and take things as they come. And actually, life is really beautiful in this moment. How will you choose to live this moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment